Habitat For Humanity NZ in partnership with ADRA Samoa have a joint partnership in Upolu Samoa to provide a number of housing outcomes. Housings outcomes will include repairs, supplementary housing or full builds and cyclone strapping for all successful partner families.
About this opportunity
Specifically you will be required to:
- Work closely with our implementing partners ADRA Samoa and in particular the Overall Samoa-based Project Manager (OSPM) and Liaison officers (LO’s).
- Produce a Project Plan/Build schedule and its various components including materials supply
- Be able to design and implement an assessment plan, working with the OSPM and LO’s to determine what type of building outcome/intervention is required for each partner family.
- Mentor a trainee workforce made up of local apprentices and labourers.
- Supervise a volunteer workforce, a number of teams will be recruited to help build in Samoa, and will include trades people where possible.
- Develop a relationship with preferred suppliers, and develop systems and processes for secure timely supply of materials to site.
A full job description and building plans will be provided on receipt of suitable applicant expression of interest.
Preferably from mid- August 2015 to the beginning of December 2015.
Project planning and project management, construction, building assessments, supervision of volunteers and mentoring local workforce.
5-10 years of related building and project management experience, non-profit experiences a plus. We will consider those applicants without formal qualifications on a case by case basis.
Airfares, reasonable medical costs including vaccinations, Per diem, accommodation, food and water, visa.
12 August 2015
How to apply
Interested applicants should email their CV and a cover letter to Lua Maea. Mobile: +64 21 277 0286.
Habitat for Humanity NZ is a member of Habitat for Humanity International, which has built more than 800,000 houses worldwide, with an average family size of five. That’s four million people whose living conditions have been improved through Habitat’s work. Volunteers are the heart of Habitat for Humanity New Zealand. Thousands of people volunteer in New Zealand or overseas with us each year, working towards a world where everyone has a decent place to live.