Habitat for Humanity New Zealand and Pacific Peoples Housing Forum Youth Essay Competition
Topic: Habitat for Humanity is working toward a world where everyone has a decent place to live. What are your hopes for housing in your country?
Your submission could (but doesn’t have to!) include:
- Your own and others experiences of housing
- Any concerns about the adequacy of housing in your country
- Your beliefs and convictions about why housing is important
- Statistical, historical or technical information about housing in your country
- Ideas about how housing in your country could be improved
- How you see climate change impacting housing in your country
- Style – your essay should be written in paragraphs.
- Length – your essay should not exceed 750 words
- Format – submit as a PDF or word document via email to email@example.com – please use “Essay Competition – [Your Name] [Your Country]” as the subject line
- Please also tell us a bit about yourself (this will not be included in the word count)
Who is eligible?
This competition is for Pacific Youth only.
- You must be aged between 16 and 18 (inclusive) on the 31st of March 2019
- You must hold a current passport, and it must be valid until at least November of 2019
- You must be able to travel to Auckland for the 17th of May 2019
What will the winner receive?
The winner(s) will be invited to attend any lead-in events to the forum being held in their country of residence. The winner(s) of the competition will also be flown to Auckland to attend the Pacific Peoples Housing Forum on the 17th of May 2019. Winner(s) will present their essay to the Forum. Accommodation will be provided for the nights of the 16th and 17th of May.
Some of the winner(s) may also be offered the opportunity to travel to Bangkok, Thailand on September 16-19 for the Asia-Pacific Housing Forum hosted by Habitat for Humanity International.
About the Pacific Peoples Housing Forum:
The Pacific Peoples Housing Forum will be held in Auckland, New Zealand, on the 17th of May 2019. The event brings together people relevant to Pacific Housing in New Zealand and across the Pacific, to foster solutions and identify new opportunities in Pacific Housing.
Competition Deadline – 31st March 2019.