It has been an eventful time for Habitat for Humanity New Zealand during the financial year ending 30 June 2023. We have made a real impact for families throughout Aotearoa New Zealand and the Pacific across all our housing initiatives.
Our Annual Report 2023 highlights real stories from Habitat families and volunteers – ranging from our disaster recovery projects and shelter education in the Pacific through to Home Repair, Social Rental, and Progressive Home Ownership programmes in New Zealand.
Our impact in the Pacific during the previous financial year includes:
- 17 new homes built
- 163 homes and habitability improved
- 2 community evacuation centre projects supported with 296 community members benefiting
- 24 community action plan projects completed
- 15 communities trained in Safe Shelter Awareness for 303 participants
- 16 communities trained in Build Back Safer techniques to improve shelter resilience for 234 participants
- 20 vocational trainees
Our combined impact in New Zealand across regional offices includes:
- 1,607 families supported across New Zealand
- 21 Progressive Home Ownership (PHO) families settled on the purchase of their home
- 108 families currently in the PHO programme
- 23 new homes added to our PHO programme
- 91 homes repaired
- 157 families in social rental housing
- 94,329 volunteer hours
Alongside this success, we also celebrate our generous donors, partners, and supporters who make our work possible.